Book now to attend our Open Morning on Friday 13th October, 2023
Many of our families with children attending Town Close, travel into Norwich from their homes in Suffolk. With this in mind, we have asked for recommendations to share with families wanting to discover the county.
Seaside Towns and Villages
- Aldeburgh- A very pretty town, with a stone beach, locally caught fish sold from huts along the sea front, a boating pond and tennis courts
- Thorpeness- A ‘chocolate box’ seaside village, with a fun meare for boat trips, horse rides in the summer and spot the ‘House in the Clouds’!
- Southwold- This delightful town has everything you could wish for a perfect day by the sea, a quirky pier, beach huts, boutique shops, cafes, fish and chips. Walk along the beach towards Walberswick for wider open sandy stretches
- Walberswick- Grab a net and bucket and head to Walberswick for a spot of crabbing! The local gift shops are also fully stocked with all the equipment you would need.
Fun filled days out:
- Africa Alive
- Framlingham Castle
- Jimmy’s Farm & Wildlife Park
- National Trust-Dunwich Heath, Sutton Hoo
- Pleasurewood Hills Family Theme Park
- Somerleyton Hall & Gardens
- Southwold Pier
- Waveney River Tours
“We have recently discovered the beach at Covehithe and it has turned into one of our favourite trips on a Sunday. There is no formal parking or cafes, so take a picnic and flask of coffee, but the walk to the beach is stunning and the boys enjoy seeing the huge pigs on the local farm which runs along the footpath to the beach. Covehithe is a short drive from Southwold, so if we want to extend our day out, we drive there after for a walk and fish and chips”.