Top inspection report received
We are very pleased to share with you the outcome of a recent Educational Quality inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) that has augmented our reputation as one of the country’s leading Prep schools. The School achieved the highest grading possible of ‘excellent’ across both categories of educational quality whilst also confirming our compliance in all areas of the Focused Compliance Inspection.
Headmaster, Chris Wilson, welcomed the report’s findings: ‘we are delighted with the inspection outcome that is testament to the whole school’s perpetual commitment to providing the best educational and pastoral environment for all of our pupils. Town Close is an outstanding school and it is wonderful to have our educational practices and our pupils’ advanced achievements and development recognised by external, education professionals.’
The Educational Quality inspection issued the highest grading of ‘excellent’ on the quality of the School’s work in both of the two key areas that are inspected – pupil achievement and personal development – with their report returning a valuable, child-centric view of the School’s ethos and outcomes.
The key findings, as summarised by the inspectors, were as follows:
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils throughout the School achieve at extremely high levels in relation to their ages and abilities.
- Pupils demonstrate excellent skills, knowledge and understanding in all aspects of the curriculum.
- Pupils’ communication skills are developed to the highest level across the curriculum. Extremely attentive listeners, they express themselves eloquently in both the spoken and written word.
- Pupils’ attitude to learning are excellent and highly developed for their ages.
- Pupils display a mature ability to analyse, synthesise and hypothesise.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils are extremely self-confident and speak with great maturity about their readiness for the next stage in their education.
- Pupils demonstrate a maturity well beyond their years when making decisions about their work, friendships, futures and well-being.
- Pupils are highly respectful of others in the School community, whatever their culture or faith.
- Pupils have an excellent awareness of the importance of maintaining a balanced lifestyle in both body and mind and of how to stay safe online.
Chair of Governors, Sarah Anthony, congratulated the whole School team on the findings of the report: ‘The ISI report is a fascinating insight into our pupils’ attitude and achievements at Town Close that not only conveys how proficient our pupils are educationally, but also, how well-rounded, inclusive and assured they are as they progress through the School, from Nursery to Year 8. We are indebted to our team of staff and are extremely proud that this report is a glowing reflection of their hard work, expertise and passion for education.’
To access and read the full report, please click HERE